Installing Qt Automotive Suite
Qt Automotive Suite is a commercial product and requires a license to install and explore its possibilities. Use the guide on the Download Qt page to find the license that suits your need. The license you buy is associated with a Qt Account, which is required to install the product.
Qt Automotive Suite is based on the Qt for Device Creation offering so the prerequisites are the same for both. For more information about how to install and configure these prerequisites on your development host, see Host-specific Requirements section in the Qt for Device Creation: Installation Guide.
Install Qt Automotive Suite
- Download the Qt online installer.
Note: On Linux, the installer needs executable permissions before you can run it.
- Run the installer and select Next to get to the Qt account section.
- Enter your Qt account credentials and select Next to run a license check against the Qt account.
- Select Next again to choose an install path.
- Select Next to see available packages to install from.
- Select Qt Automotive Suite and at least one Qt version (v5.7 or later) from the list, and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Once the installation is complete, start Qt Creator and try running one of the examples against an automotive target or the Qt Automotive emulator.
© 2017 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.