Boundary Devices i.MX6 Boards Guide
Flash your Boundary Devices i.MX6 Boards with Flashing Wizard:
- Connect your SD card reader to the development host. Make sure that the SD card size is at least 2 GB.
- Launch Qt Creator.
- Select Tools > Flash Boot to Qt Device, and follow the instructions in Flashing Wizard.
After flashing the device, you may need to update U-Boot:
- If you are updating your Boundary Devices i.MX6 Boards from an older image, update the U-Boot version on the device. See Updating U-Boot.
- If your target device is Nitrogen6_Lite Device, see Setup for Nitrogen6_Lite Device.
Note: Sometimes U-Boot fails to select a suitable display for your target device and sets an incorrect display resolution. Configuring Display Resolution instructs how you can configure the display and resolution used in your target device.
If you are updating from an older image, you may also need to update the version of U-Boot on the device.
The prebuilt image already contains U-Boot versions for most of the device variants from Boundary Devices, but the update needs to be done manually when first starting the device. Correct device type is selected by setting the
uboot_defconfig U-Boot environment variable.
More information available from Boundary Devices.
Access the device's console and run the following commands on the U-Boot prompt:
setenv uboot_defconfig <device type> run upgradeu
Reset or power cycle the device to start the new U-Boot. To reset the U-Boot environment to new default values, enter the following commands in the U-Boot command line:
env default -a saveenv
Setup for Nitrogen6_Lite Device
The boot script requires the environment variables,
gpumem, to identify the device as Nitrogen6_Lite. Otherwise, the device is booted with the default GPU memory setting of 512MiB, which is more than what is available on the Nitrogen_Lite devices (128MibB).
Use one of the two following options to enable the scripts boot the device with correct GPU memory setting:
- Write a
uEnv.txtfile on to the boot partition of SD card with the following content:
- Access the device's console and run the following commands on the U-Boot prompt:
U-Boot > setenv gpumem 67108864 U-Boot > setenv dtbname imx6dl-nit6xlite.dtb U-Boot > saveenv
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.