Supported Development Environment
Qt Safe Renderer can be used with Qt 5.9 and later. The safe QML types included in Qt Safe Renderer (see Qt Safe Renderer QML Types) and the related layout data format are supported in Qt Creator 4.5 and later versions.
Note: It is a known issue that if you use Qt Safe Renderer with Qt 5.9.3 on a Linux host platform, you need to build Qt from the sources if you do not have GCC compiler version 6 or newer. That is due to QTBUG-64820 Qt module builds fail with older GCC versions.
See Building Qt Sources.
Qt Safe Renderer related development work is done on a host platform. The following host platforms and compilers are supported:
|Linux||See Supported Qt Configurations.|
|Windows||All compilers listed in Supported Qt Configurations, excluding MSVC compilers.|
Before you start the development work on a host platform, check that you have installed some of the supported compiler versions.
Qt Safe Renderer can be used with a wide range of target devices and operating systems.
The target device must support hardware layers because Qt Safe Renderer is the overlay on top of the non-safe UI.
The operating system of the embedded platform must fulfill the following requirements:
- Provides a way to set up the graphics overlays.
- Supports multiple processes and memory protection between the processes. For example, QNX has a microkernel architecture that prevents processes from interfering with each other. On hypervisor architectures, the non-safe main UI can run on the virtual operating system while the safety-critical content is rendered in the real-time operating system.
- All the tools that are part of producing the Qt Safe Renderer runtime binary must be certified according to the application target safety integrity level (SIL or ASIL) based on the appropriate functional safety standard.
The Qt Safe Renderer functionality has been tested with the following reference hardware configurations:
- Boundary Devices BD-SL-i.MX6 Development Board with QNX 7.0
- Renesas R-CarD3 with Green Hills Software INTEGRITY 11.4.4
Note: On the hardware configurations with Green Hills Software INTEGRITY, Qt Safe Renderer is supported with Qt 5.9.4 and later. This is due to QTBUG-62568 INTEGRITY on Renesas H3 Salvator-X that has been fixed in Qt 5.9.4.
If you are our commercial customer, and you want to suggest a change in the existing functionality or report a Qt bug concerning some supported target device or host platform, we recommend you to contact our support team. For more information, see Qt Support. Qt Consulting Services can help you with the bugs and suggestions that concern some non-supported target device or host platform.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.