Change Notes for Qt 2.2
New major features in existing classes
- QApplication: - "global strut", an adjustable minimum size for interactable
control elements like the entries in a listbox, useful for
touch-screens. Popup window effects ( setEffectEnabled() )
and more threading support ( lock(), unlock(), locked() ).
- QCheckBox: - "tristate" is now a property.
- QClipboard: - text() supports subtypes.
- QComboBox: - "editable" is now a property that is changeable at runtime
- QDialog: - support for extensible dialogs ("More...") with
setExtension() and setOrientation(). Optional size grip.
- QFont: - new functions styleStrategy() and setStyleHint()
- QIconSet: - new constructor that takes both a small and a large pixmap
- QLabel: - support for scaled pixmap contents, "pixmap" as property
- QLayout: - improved flexibility with setEnabled(), access to the
layouted menu bar with menuBar().
- QListView: - "showSortIndicator" as property. New function
QListViewItem::moveItem() to simplify drag and drop.
- QMovie: - new functions pushSpace(), pushData(), frameImage(),
support for the MNG animation format.
- QMultiLineEdit: - new functions pasteSubType() and copyAvailable()
- QObject: - new function normalizeSignalSlot()
- QPicture: - streaming to and from QDataStream
- QPopupMenu: - new signal aboutToHide()
- QRegExp: - new functions setPattern() and find()
- QRegion: - new function setRects()
- QScrollView: - new property "staticBackground" to define a pixmap
background that does not scroll with the contents.
- QStatusBar: - "sizeGripEnabled" as property
- QStyle: - themable menu bars with drawMenuBarItem(). New functions
buttonMargin(), toolBarHandleExtent(), sliderThickness()
- QTabWidget: - new functions currentPageIndex(), setCurrentPage(), new
signal currentChanged(). Similar extensions to QTabBar
- QVariant: - new subtype QSizePolicy. Necessary for QWidget's
new sizePolicy property.
- QWidget: - new properties "sizePolicy", "ownPalette", "ownFont",
"ownCursor" and "hidden". The size policy is now adjustable
at runtime with setSizePolicy(). Added convenience slot
setDisabled(). Fast geometry mapping functions mapTo() and
mapFrom(). On X11, support for a new background mode
- QWizard: - runtime changeable titles with setTitle(), new signal
- QWorkspace: - support for more widget flags like WType_Tool. Titlebar
blending effects on MS-Windows 98/2000.
- QAction - Abstracts a user interface action that can appear both in
menus and tool bars. Changing an action's properties, for
example using setEnabled(),setOn() or setText(),
immediately shows up in all representations.
- QActionGroup - Combines actions to a group. An action group makes it easier
to deal with groups of actions. It allows to add, remove or
activate its children with a single call and provides
"one of many" semantics for toggle actions.
- QDial - A rounded rangecontrol (like a speedometer or
potentiometer). Both API- and UI-wise the dial is very
similar to a QSlider.
- QMotifPlusStyle - This class implements a Motif-ish look and feel with more
sophisticated bevelling as used by the GIMP toolkit (GTK)
- QMutex: - Provides access serialisation between threads.
- QSemaphore: - A robust integer semaphore. another way of thread serialisation.
- QThread - Baseclass for platform-independent threads, and a thread
safe mechanism for posting events from threads other than
the main event loop thread.
- QWaitCondition - Allows threads to wait/wake on conditions
(POSIX condition variables)
Modules are major new large components not necessary useful for all
Qt-based applications. Note that some modules are included in the
Qt Enterprise Edition but not the Qt Professional Edition.
|Copyright © 2005 Trolltech||Trademarks
Qt version 2.3.10