i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit Flashing Instructions
Before flashing the Thermostat Demo image into the i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit board the firmware on the device needs to be updated. You need to do this only once. Update the firmware as follows:
- Download new firmware. See OpenSDA_MIMXRT1050-EVK-Hyperflash
- Hold the reset button that is next to the USB power connector.
- While still holding the reset button, connect the USB cable from your host machine to the device.
- Release the reset button.
- An additional drive appears in your host's file explorer. Drop the downloaded file 49_OpenSDA_MIMXRT1050-EVK-Hyperflash.bin there.
- Wait as long as the drive is disconnected from the system. In the file explorer, you see that the drive is disconnected.
- Reboot the device.
- You find the new device under Ports (Com & LPT). For example, its name is JLink CDC UART PORT(COM6).
In order to flash the binary image, you need to install J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Windows. After you have installed the software, please run J-Flash Lite Application and perform the following steps:
- Select proper device from the Device list - MIMXRT1052DVL6B:
- Select OK.
- Select proper demo hex file (thermo_small_nxp_16bpp_1.0.hex)
- Program Device button - the upload process shall start
- Once the process is finished, you see the running application on the device.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.