- Ensure that the common Renesas prerequisites are met.
- Install Green Hills Multi IDE. Qt for MCUs is tested against version 7.1.6 together with Compiler 2018.1.5 and Probe 5.6.4 for V800.
- Create the
GHS_COMPILER_DIRenvironment variable and set its value to the GHS Compiler installation path For example:
- Create the
- Install Renesas Graphics Library for D1M1/2(H) for Green Hills Compiler. Qt for MCUs is tested against version
- Create the
RGL_DIRenvironment variable and set its value to the Renesas Graphics Library installation path For example:
- Create the
Connect the Mango Adapter to the Main Board, and ensure that all jumpers and switches are set exactly as described.
To enable HDMI video output, follow jumper and dip-switch configuration.
On the Mango Main Board:
- Connect the JP96 pins
- Open JP98 pins 2 and 3, and connect pin PJ99 to JP98-2.
- DSW31.7 switch set to OFF
On the Mango Adapter Board:
- DSW1.1 switch set to OFF
To enable flashing and debugging, ensure that the following switch configuration is set:
To be able to use HMI section on the board (HMI knob and 4-direction switch), open JP30 and set the DWS29.1-1 switches to ON.
Note: This setup can interfere with CAN. See Mango Main Board reference docs for more details.
Qt for MCUs provides the source code of several demos and examples. You can modify, build, and flash custom binaries onto the target device.
Source code for supported demos and examples is organized in the following directory structure:
Note: Demos or examples that are highlighted in bold are the only ones supported on this board.
The following example builds the
automotive demo for RH850 D1M1A:
cd %Qul_DIR%\demos\automotive mkdir build cd build cmake .. -G "Ninja" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=%Qul_DIR%\lib\cmake\Qul\toolchain\ghs.cmake -DQUL_PLATFORM=RH850-D1M1A cmake --build .
The same procedure applies to any other application.
Following CMake options are available exclusively for this platform:
|QUL_USE_DEFAULT_RH850_STARTUP_FILE||By default Qt Quick Ultralite is using the startup file that comes with the |
If your license provides access to the Qt Quick Ultralite sources, build it with all of supported demos/examples. Run the following commands from the terminal window:
cd %Qul_DIR% mkdir build cd build cmake .. -G "Ninja" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=%Qul_DIR%\lib\cmake\Qul\toolchain\ghs.cmake -DQUL_GENERATORS=%Qul_DIR%\lib\cmake\Qul\QulGenerators.cmake -DQUL_PLATFORM=RH850-D1M1A cmake --build .
This section describes how to build an application, using a custom Qt Quick Ultralite build.
- First, you must set up the development environment as described earlier.
- Build Qt Quick Ultralite from the modified sources and install it to a custom location.
mkdir some\path\custom_builds\qul cd some\path\custom_builds\qul mkdir qul-build cd qul-build cmake <PATH_TO_INSTALLED_QT_SDK>\QtMCUs\<version> \ -G "Ninja" \ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=some\path\custom_builds\qul \ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \ -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=<PATH_TO_INSTALLED_QT_SDK>\QtMCUs\<version>\lib\cmake\Qul\toolchain\armgcc.cmake \ -DQUL_PLATFORM=<PLATFORM_NAME> \ -DQUL_BUILD_TESTS=OFF \ -DQUL_BUILD_DEMOS=OFF \ -DQUL_BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF \ -DQUL_GENERATORS=<PATH_TO_INSTALLED_QT_SDK>\QtMCUs\<version>\lib\cmake\Qul\QulGenerators.cmake \ ninja install
- Use the custom Qt Quick Ultralite to build your application, which is not part of the Qt Quick Ultralite source tree:
cd some\path\custom_builds mkdir app # Put your application here. You can use the redbutton example from the SDK. cd app mkdir build cd build set QUL_DIR=some\path\custom_builds\qul cmake .. \ -G "Ninja" \ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \ -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=some\path\custom_builds\qul\lib\cmake\Qul\toolchain\armgcc.cmake \ -DQUL_GENERATORS=<PATH_TO_INSTALLED_QT_SDK>\QtMCUs\<version>\lib\cmake\Qul\QulGenerators.cmake \ -DQUL_PLATFORM=<PLATFORM_NAME> \ ninja ninja flash_<YOUR_APP_NAME>
You can use Renesas Flash Programmer in order to flash the Automotive demo binary to the RH850 D1M1A board. The binary can be found in the following location
- Launch Renesas Flash Programmer
- Create new project by using menu File > New Project...
- Enter desired project name and location. Click Connect button
- When Set Clock window appears, enter 8 MHz as Main Clock Frequency and click OK button
- When the setup completes, you should see Operation Completed message in the output window
- In main window, ensure that the Operation tab is selected. Click the Browse... button, and navigate to directory that contains the compiled binary and select it.
- Click the Start button and wait for the operation to complete
- Disconnect Renesas flash programmer from the board
You can use Renesas e2 studio to debug applications built with QUL.
- Open Renesas e2 studio
- Create new C/C++ Project
- Select Renesas Debug Only Project
- Enter Project name and click Next >
- Select Debug hardware depends on which debug probe you have E1 (RH850) or E2 (RH850)
- Select RH850 > RH850/D1M1A-V2 > R7F701462 as a Target Device
- Provide executable path to binary you want debug, e.g.
- Select Finish
- Select Launch in 'Debug' mode
- GDB server will upload your binary to the target and start debugging
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.