Note: All functions in this class are reentrant.
- 32 public functions inherited from QAbstractSocket
- 33 public functions inherited from QIODevice
- 29 public functions inherited from QObject
Additional Inherited Members
- 1 property inherited from QObject
- 1 public slot inherited from QObject
- 6 signals inherited from QAbstractSocket
- 4 signals inherited from QIODevice
- 1 signal inherited from QObject
- 7 static public members inherited from QObject
- 10 protected functions inherited from QAbstractSocket
- 5 protected functions inherited from QIODevice
- 8 protected functions inherited from QObject
- 2 protected slots inherited from QAbstractSocket
The QTcpSocket class provides a TCP socket.
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) is a reliable, stream-oriented, connection-oriented transport protocol. It is especially well suited for continuous transmission of data.
Note: TCP sockets cannot be opened in QIODevice::Unbuffered mode.
Symbian Platform Security Requirements
On Symbian, processes which use this class must have the
NetworkServices platform security capability. If the client process lacks this capability, it will result in a panic.
Platform security capabilities are added via the TARGET.CAPABILITY qmake variable.
See also QTcpServer, QUdpSocket, QFtp, QNetworkAccessManager, Fortune Server Example, Fortune Client Example, Threaded Fortune Server Example, Blocking Fortune Client Example, Loopback Example, and Torrent Example.
Member Function Documentation
QTcpSocket::QTcpSocket(QObject * parent = 0)
Creates a QTcpSocket object in state
parent is passed on to the QObject constructor.
See also socketType().
Destroys the socket, closing the connection if necessary.
See also close().
© 2016 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.