Qt Virtual Keyboard
The Qt Virtual Keyboard project provides an input framework and reference keyboard frontend for Qt 5 on Linux Desktop/X11, Windows Desktop, and Boot2Qt targets.
The input framework makes it easy to write custom input methods or to integrate 3rd party input engines. The input methods can be implemented in C++ or QML.
Key features of the Qt Virtual Keyboard include:
- Customizable keyboard layouts and styles with dynamic switching.
- Predictive text input with word selection.
- Character preview and alternative character view.
- Automatic capitalization and space insertion.
- Scalability to different resolutions.
- Support for different character sets (Latin, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, and others).
- Support for most common input languages, with possibility to easily extend the language support.
- Left-to-right and right-to-left input.
- Hardware key support for 2-way and 5-way navigation.
- Handwriting support, with gestures for fullscreen input.
- Audio feedback.
- Cross-platform functionality.
The Virtual Keyboard supports the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
To add support for an additional language, see Adding New Keyboard Layouts.
Licenses and Attributions
Furthermore Qt Virtual Keyboard potentially contains third party modules under following permissive licenses: