Qt IVI Generator
Qt IVI provides a way for you to describe interfaces using its own Interface Definition Language (IDL) and then generate Qt/QML API code based on this definition. This generator is based on the QFace library, that provides a generic autogeneration framework.
- QFace IDL Syntax
- Jinja Template Syntax
- Use the Generator
- Filter Reference
- QMake Integration
- IPC Integration
- Get Started with the Qt IVI Generator
Currently, Qt IVI generator has the following limitations:
- It's not possible to import other QFace modules using the
- There's no support for external C++ types, outside of the IDL, such as reusing a QGeoCoordinate inside a QFace IDL.
- Defined Interfaces can't be used as types in properties or function arguments.
map<>type is not supported.
- Any default values provided directly in the QFace file are currently ignored.
ivigeneratoruses it's own YAML template, that's incorporated with QFace's YAML to define the generation rules.
© 2020 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.