Browsing Project Contents
You can organize Qt Design Studio views in sidebars or as workspaces, depending on the mode you are working in. Only views that are relevant to a mode are available in it.
Manage projects and files in the following views:
- Projects shows a list of projects open in the current session and the project files needed by the build system.
- File System shows all files in the currently selected directory.
- Open Documents shows currently open files.
- Bookmarks shows all bookmarks for the current session.
- Git Branches shows the local and remote branches for the project in the Git version control system.
- Outline shows an overview of defined types and other symbols, as well as their properties and hierarchy in a source file.
For more information about views that are only available when editing QML files in the Design mode, see Design Views. The following sections describe the additional options in a particular view.
In some views, right-clicking opens a context menu that contains functions for managing the objects listed in the view.
Viewing Defined Types and Symbols
The Outline view shows an overview of defined types and other symbols, as well as their properties and hierarchy in a source file. You can move the code for types and symbols around in the source file by dragging and dropping them in the outline.
- To see a complete list of all bindings, select (Filter Tree) > Show All Bindings.
- To sort types or symbols alphabetically, select (Sort Alphabetically).
- To stop the synchronization with the type or symbol selected in the editor, deselect (Synchronize with Editor).
Viewing the Class Hierarchy
The Class View shows the class hierarchy of the currently open projects.
To organize the view by subprojects, click (Show Subprojects).
To visit all parts of a namespace, double-click on the namespace item multiple times.
Viewing Type Hierarchy
To view the base classes and derived classes of a class, right-click the class in the code editor and select Open Type Hierarchy or press Ctrl+Shift+T.
To navigate in the type hierarchy, double-click a class or select it, and then select Open Type Hierarchy in the context menu. The view highlights the previous class.
The definition of the selected class opens in the code editor. You can also select Open in Editor in the context menu to open it.
Viewing Include Hierarchy
To view the files that the current file includes and those that include the current file, right-click in the editor and select Open Include Hierarchy or press Ctrl+Shift+I.
To keep the view synchronized with the file currently open in the editor, select (Synchronize with Editor).
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.