Creating Qt Quick Effect Maker Files
Creating an Effect File
You can create Qt Quick Effect Maker effect (.qep) files in Qt Design Studio and then edit them in Qt Quick Effect Maker.
To create an effect file:
- In Qt Design Studio, right-click in the Assets view and select New Effect. Qt Design Studio creates an effect file and opens it in Qt Quick Effect Maker.
- Edit the effect.
- In Qt Quick Effect Maker, go to File > Save.
- Select File > Export.
- With the default settings, select OK.
Now, you can close Qt Quick Effect Maker and return to Qt Design Studio and apply the effect.
Applying an Effect
You can apply effects to components in Qt Design Studio. To do so, drag the effect from the Assets view to the component in the 2D or Navigator view.
When you import an animated effect, you need to turn on the animation for it to see the animation in your Qt Design Studio application.
To turn on animation for an effect, first apply the effect to a component, and then:
- Select the effect in Navigator.
- In Properties, go to the Exposed Custom Properties section and set timeRunning to true.
See also Working with Effects in Qt Quick Effect Maker.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.