Qt VS Tools Manual
Qt VS Tools integrate the Qt development tools into Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, and later. This enables developers to use the standard Windows development environment without having to worry about Qt-related build steps or tools. You can install and update Qt VS Tools directly from Microsoft Visual Studio.
The main features of Qt VS Tools are:
- Wizards for creating new Qt projects and classes.
- Automated build setup for the Meta-Object Compiler (moc), User Interface Compiler (uic), and Resource Compiler (rcc).
- Import and export of Qt project files (
.pro) and project include files (
- Automated conversion of a Qt VS Tools project to a qmake project, or the other way around.
- Integrated Qt resource management.
- Creating a Qt translation source (TS) file and starting Qt Linguist to translate the strings.
- Starting Qt Designer to design widget-based UIs for applications.
- Integrated Qt documentation.
- Debugging extensions for Qt data types.
© 2016 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.