You can use file templates to add the following types of files to projects by selecting Project > Add New Item > Installed > Visual C++ > Qt:
- Qt Dialog Form File (Button Bottom) adds a dialog with OK and Cancel buttons at its bottom to a Qt Widgets Application project.
- Qt Dialog Form File (Button Right) adds a dialog with buttons at its right edge to a Qt Widgets Application project.
- Qt MainWindow Form File adds a form file to a Qt Widgets Application project.
- Qt QML File adds a custom QML type to a Qt Quick Application project.
- Qt QML Module Definition adds a qmldir file that specifies the custom QML types used in a Qt Quick Application project.
- Qt Resource File adds a Qt resource file (.qrc) to an application project.
- Qt Widget Class adds a Qt Widgets class to a Qt Widgets application project.
The following sections describe how to add different types of files to projects:
The application tutorials contain examples of using file templates to add files to projects:
© 2022 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.