Once you have installed Qt VS Tools, you can search for and then select the following project templates in Visual Studio in File > New Project:
- Qt ActiveQt Server creates a simple ActiveX server.
- Qt Class Library creates a basic Qt-based dynamic library.
- Qt Console Application creates a basic Qt console application.
- Qt Designer Custom Widget creates a Qt Designer custom widget plugin.
- Qt Empty Application creates a an empty Qt application project.
- Qt Quick Application creates a Qt Quick application project.
- Qt Widgets Application creates a simple Qt widgets application with one form.
Each Qt project provides a wizard that allows you to specify the Qt modules required for your project. For some projects, the wizard will also generate a skeleton class or QML type instance that you can use to get started.
To start writing Qt code and building your projects, you must tell Visual Studio where to find the Qt version that you want to use.
© 2016 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.