NXP i.MX RT1170 quick start guide
Qt for MCUs offers all the necessary tools to design, develop, build, and deploy your application onto the target. This guide helps you understand the complete cycle of developing a Qt for MCUs application using Qt Design Studio and NXP MCUXpresso IDE.
The instructions in this guide are relevant for the NXP i.MX RT1170 reference platform. Before you begin, install the prerequisites on your Linux or Windows host. You can install the prerequisites using the Qt online installer, which is available for download from your Qt account.
Note: Qt for MCUs requires a license. If you do not have one, request a free trial at https://www.qt.io/contact-us/request-a-free-trial.
The guide needs the following common prerequisites on your development host:
- Qt for MCUs SDK 2.4 or newer
- Qt Design Studio v3.9.0 or newer
- CMake 3.21.1 or newer
- Ninja 1.10.0 or newer
- NXP MCUXpresso IDE version v11.6.0 or newer
The guide offers several topics, describing the process with step-by-step instructions for the following tasks:
- Design a simple UI using Qt Design Studio
- Create an NXP MCUXpresso IDE project
- Configure pins for the target and make necessary changes to the C++ code
- Build and debug the project on the target
The following are some useful references that you could use to get more insight into Qt for MCUs.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.