Qt for Android
Qt for Android enables you to run Qt 5 applications on Android devices. All Qt modules (essentials and add-ons) are supported except the following:
- Qt WebEngine
- Qt Serial Port
- Qt Virtual Keyboard
- Platform-specific extras: Qt Mac Extras, Qt Windows Extras, and Qt X11 Extras
The following configurations are supported:
|Platform Version||Architecture||Compiler||Build Environment|
|Android 5.0 or later (that is, API Level 21 and up)||Clang as provided by Google, MinGW 8.1||RHEL 7.x (x86_64), macOS 10.15, Windows 10 (x86_64)|
The following list summarizes what you can do with Qt for Android:
- Run Widget-based and QML applications on a device or an emulator.
- Support for the Material Style with Qt Quick Controls.
- Handle Multimedia content in your Qt Quick 2 applications.
- Get sensor readings.
- Retrieve positioning data using satellite or network information.
- Connect and exchange data with Bluetooth and NFC-enabled devices.
- Integrate Java code into your application using Qt Android Extras.
- Develop secure applications using OpenSSL library.
- Create Android Services.
- Create and deploy Application Package (APK) and Android App Bundle (AAB) packages using Qt Creator.
The following topics provide more details about how to use Qt for Android:
- Getting Started
- Porting a Qt Application
- Qt Examples on Android
- Deploying an Application on Android
- Qt Creator: Deploying Applications to Android Devices
- Adding OpenSSL Support for Android
- Creating Android Services
- Including third-party Android libraries in an application
- Publishing to Google Play
- Android Platform Notes
- Qt for Android - Building from Source
- Android GNU C++ run-time licensing
© 2021 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.