Modbus is a request/reply protocol that has one Modbus client in its network and may have many Modbus servers. Servers can control only their own internal states, and clients can read and write data in them.
Each Modbus server has four tables in which it can store data.
|data range in one field
|permissions for client
The Modbus API provides some common API to access the Modbus devices:
- QModbusDevice provides an API for common functionality with client and server.
- QModbusClient provides an API for direct access to Modbus client.
- QModbusServer provides an API for direct access to Modbus server.
- QModbusDataUnit represents a data value.
- QModbusReply is created by QModbusClient as a handle for write/read operation.
© 2024 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.