Qt Virtual Keyboard
The Qt Virtual Keyboard project provides an input framework and reference keyboard frontend for Qt 5 on Linux Desktop/X11, Windows Desktop, and Boot2Qt targets.
The input framework makes it easy to write custom input methods or to integrate 3rd party input engines. The input methods can be implemented in C++ or QML.
Key features of the Qt Virtual Keyboard include:
- Customizable keyboard layouts and styles with dynamic switching.
- Predictive text input with word selection.
- Character preview and alternative character view.
- Automatic capitalization and space insertion.
- Scalability to different resolutions.
- Support for different character sets (Latin, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, and others).
- Support for most common input languages, with possibility to easily extend the language support.
- Left-to-right and right-to-left input.
- Hardware key support for 2-way and 5-way navigation.
- Handwriting support, with gestures for fullscreen input.
- Audio feedback.
- Cross-platform functionality.
The Virtual Keyboard supports the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
To add support for an additional language, see Adding New Keyboard Layouts.
Backspace key for keyboard layouts
Common parent for all key types
Change language key for keyboard layouts
Enter key for keyboard layouts
Provides attached properties for customizing the enter key
Filler key for keyboard layouts
Provides a handwriting panel add-on for the virtual keyboard UI
Hand writing mode key for keyboard layouts
Hide keyboard key for keyboard layouts
Provides access to an input context
Maps the user input to the input methods
Base type for creating input method in QML
Provides the virtual keyboard UI
Regular character key for keyboard layouts
Keyboard column for keyboard layouts
Allows dynamic loading of keyboard layout
Keyboard row for keyboard layouts
Generic mode key for keyboard layouts
Specialized number key for keyboard layouts
Provides a data model for the selection lists
Manages the shift state
Shift key for keyboard layouts
Space key for keyboard layouts
Symbol mode key for keyboard layouts
Data model for touch input data
A specialized MultiPointTouchArea for collecting touch input data
A specialized key for collecting touch input data
Key icon with adjustable color
A base type of the styled keys
Provides a styling interface for the Virtual Keyboard
A base type for selection list item delegates
A specialized Canvas type for rendering Trace objects
A base type of the trace input key
Provides settings for virtual keyboard
© 2016 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.