The debugger plugin automatically selects a suitable native debugger for each kit from the ones found on your system. To override this choice, select Tools > Options > Kits.
To add debuggers:
- Select Tools > Options > Kits > Debuggers > Add.
- In the Name field, give a descriptive name for the debugger.
- In the Path field, specify the path to the debugger binary:
- For CDB (Windows only), specify the path to the Windows Console Debugger executable.
- For GDB, specify the path to the GDB executable. The executable must be built with Python scripting support enabled.
- For LLDB (experimental), specify the path to the LLDB executable.
Qt Creator attempts to identify the type and version of the debugger and shows them in the Type and Version fields. In addition, Qt Creator shows the ABI version that will be used on embedded devices in the ABIs field.
- In the Working directory field, specify the working directory of the application process. If the application is run locally, the working directory defaults to the build directory. If the application is run remotely on a device, the value depends on the shell or the device. Usually, you can leave this field empty.
© 2018 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.