Supported Target Boards and Development Hosts
Qt Quick Ultralite supports a variety of microcontroller-based hardware platforms that are available in the market. Currently supported boards are listed below. Click the board name in the table for information on how to get started with the board.
The reference target boards are listed in the following table, grouped by vendor.
Qt for MCUs ports for reference boards are:
- maintained for the entire 2.x series,
- upgraded to support all Qt Quick Ultralite features when possible,
- covered by Standard Qt Support,
- and available for download in Qt Online Installer.
Note: Other Target Boards list hardware that are ported to Qt for MCUs but are not part of reference platforms.
|Hardware board||MCU||Compiler||Operating system(s)|
|MIMXRT1050-EVKB||MIMXRT1052DVL6B||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal, FreeRTOS|
|MIMXRT1060-EVK||MIMXRT1060DVL6A||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal|
|MIMXRT1064-EVK||MIMXRT1064DVL6A||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal, FreeRTOS|
|MIMXRT1170-EVK||MIMXRT1176DVMAA||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||FreeRTOS|
|Hardware board||MCU||Compiler||Operating system(s)|
|STM32F769I-DISCOVERY||STM32F769NI||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal, FreeRTOS|
|STM32H750B-DISCOVERY||STM32H750XB||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal|
|STM32F469I-DISCOVERY||STM32F469NI||GNU Arm 9, IAR Build Tools for Arm V8.50||Bare Metal|
|Hardware board||MCU||Compiler||Operating system(s)||Host(s)|
|Traveo II TVII-C-2D-6M Evaluation Kit||CYT4DN||Green Hills MULTI Compiler for Embedded ARM 2019.5||Bare Metal||Windows host only|
The following table lists hardware that are ported to Qt for MCUs but does not qualify as reference platform. These ports are not maintained for every Qt for MCUs release, which means they:
- do not always include implementations of all Qt Quick Ultralite features,
- and are not covered by Standard Qt Support.
You can get these ports from The Qt Company or its partner vendors.
Qt for MCUs can be ported to any modern microcontroller that is capable of driving a display. If your hardware is not listed, contact us for an estimation of the porting effort, or follow the Qt Quick Ultralite Platform Porting Guide to port Qt Quick Ultralite to this hardware.
|Infineon/Cypress TVIIC2D6M||NXP 1050||NXP 1060||NXP 1064||NXP 1170||RA6M3G||RH850/D1M1A||STM32 F769I-D||STM32 H750B-D||STM32 F469I-D|
|Hardware accelerated blitting|
|- Alpha8||HW||HW 5||HW 5||HW 5||HW||HW||HW||HW||HW||HW|
|- RLE_ARGB8888||n/a||SW||SW||SW||SW||SW||HW||HW 7||SW||HW 7|
|- RLE_RGB888||n/a||HW 6 7||HW 6 7||HW 6 7||SW||SW||SW||HW 6 7||HW 6 7||HW 6 7|
|Hardware accelerated basic shapes|
|- Rounded rectangle|
|Shapes (vector graphics)||4||2||2|
|- Uniform scale||HW||SW||SW||SW||HW||HW||HW||SW||SW||SW|
|- Scale rotation||HW||SW||SW||SW||HW||SW||HW||SW||SW||SW|
|32 bpp color depth||11||11||11||1||1|
|24 bpp color depth||12||11||11||11||1||1|
|16 bpp color depth||12||12||12||1|
- Feature is supported by the platform adaptation
- 1 Feature is supported by the hardware, but not implemented in the reference platform adaptation
- 2 Feature is partially supported by the hardware, but not implemented in the reference platform adaptation
- 3 Blended as an image that is rendered by the CPU
- 4 Self intersecting paths are not supported
- 5 Hardware blending via an intermediate ARGB8888 buffer
- 6 Accelerated blending when opacity != 1 is used
- 7 Source images are decompressed into small intermediate buffers chunk by chunk before blending
- 8 The reference board has limited available memory, so by default single buffering is used. This comes with a certain risk of visual flickering if the application contents are expensive to render
- 9 Single buffering is supported by the hardware, although it is likely to cause visual flickering. For this reason it's not implemented in the reference platform adaptation
- 10 Single buffering is supported by the hardware without any visual flickering, since the display contains its own framebuffer memory. It does however come with a significant performance cost. The reference platform adaptation needs modifications to enable the single buffering support
- 11 The board families support 24 bpp and 32 bpp framebuffers, but the reference boards have only 16 lines physically connected to the LCD interface, so only 16 bpp is supported
- 12 These color depths are available using the ItemLayer API, but not by using QUL_COLOR_DEPTH
- Feature is not supported by the hardware
- HW is short for hardware accelerated blending
- SW is short for software based blending
With Qt for MCUs, applications can run on bare metal. Additionally, the following target operating systems are supported:
- FreeRTOS v10.0.1
If you need to run applications on other target operating systems, contact The Qt Company.
The development hosts supported by Qt for MCUs are:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64-bit
Qt Quick Ultralite applications can be run on host platforms to avoid having to flash the board too often and save time during development, or when a board is not available. The supported configurations are:
|Windows 10||x86_64||MSVC 2017, MSVC 2019|
|Ubuntu 20.04 LTS||x86_64||GCC 8, GCC 9|
If you need to run applications for other host architectures or operating systems, contact The Qt Company.
Qt offers product support at different levels in order to help you with technical challenges and to suggest best practices. See the Qt Support page for an overview about these different support levels. Also, see the License Agreements and Service Terms page for the latest version of the Qt license agreements and the support terms and conditions for the Qt account.
A Qt for MCUs version is available under Standard or Premium support for a limited duration only. Since Qt for MCUs v2.0.0, regular and Long Term Support (LTS) versions (x.y.0) are supported for six (6) and eighteen (18) months respectively. The support duration for both regular and LTS versions begin from the release date.
If you need support for an older version that is out of support, purchase extended support. This lets you ask questions and report issues on that version.
|Version||Release date||Standard Support Until||Extended Support Availability|
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.