Supported Development Environment
Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1 can be used with Qt 5.15.x. Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1 installation provides pre-built binaries for Qt 5.15.13.
The safe QML types included in Qt Safe Renderer (see Qt Safe Renderer QML Types) and the related layout data format are supported in Qt Creator 7.0.x and later.
Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1 supports Qt Design Studio 3.9 and later.
Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1 can also be built for Qt 6.2.x.
Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1 provides several technology preview adaptations:
- Graphics backends adaptations:
- drm for Linux
- qnxscreen for QNX 7.0
- qnxsnapdragon that uses the OpenWF platform adaptation
- qtqui that uses Qt's graphics adaptation. It's aimed at running the Qt Safe Renderer runtime component on the host environment.
- rcar3 that can be used on Renesas R-CarD3. It supports the Renesas window manager.
- Event handler adaptations:
- The Integrity message queue
- The Posix message queue
- The QNX message queue
- qtnetwork that uses the Qt Network module
- Output verifier adaptations:
- Qt GUI adaptation that is integrated with QWindow. With the adaptation, you can test the output verifier in the host environment.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon adaptation integrates with the OpenWF graphics adaptation.
You find the sources for adaptations under <QSR Installation directory>/Src/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/src/adaptation.
Note: It is easy to adapt Qt Safe Renderer also for other environments.
Qt Safe Renderer related development work is done on a host platform. The following host platforms are supported in Qt Safe Renderer 2.0.1. The listed compilers are used in Qt Safe Renderer testing but other compiler versions may also work.
|Operating System||Architecture||Compiler||Supported Qt Version|
|Ubuntu 20.04||x86_64||GCC 9.2.0||Qt 5.15.x (latest version)|
|Windows 10||x86_64||MSVC 2019, MinGW 8.1.0||Qt 5.15.x (latest version)|
|macOS 11.0||x86_64||Xcode 11 (11 SDK)||Qt 5.15.x (latest version)|
Qt Safe Renderer can be used with a wide range of target devices and operating systems.
The target device must support hardware layers because Qt Safe Renderer is the overlay on top of the non-safe UI.
The operating system of the embedded platform must fulfill the following requirements:
- Provides a way to set up the graphics overlays.
- Supports multiple processes and memory protection between the processes. For example, QNX has a microkernel architecture that prevents processes from interfering with each other. On hypervisor architectures, the non-safe main UI can run on the virtual operating system while the safety-critical content is rendered in the real-time operating system.
- All the tools that are part of producing the Qt Safe Renderer runtime binary must be certified according to the application target safety integrity level (SIL or ASIL) based on the appropriate functional safety standard.
The Qt Safe Renderer 2.0 functionality has been tested with the following reference hardware configurations:
If you are our commercial customer, and you want to suggest a change in the existing functionality or report a Qt bug concerning some supported target device or host platform, we recommend you to contact our support team. For more information, see Qt Support. Qt Consulting Services can help you with the bugs and suggestions that concern some non-supported target device or host platform.
Qt Safe Renderer Runtime components support C++98 coding standard. Qt Safe Renderer tools support C++11 coding standard. For more information, see https://isocpp.org/std/the-standard.
If you are using some previous Qt Safe Renderer version, see the supported environment information in the archived Qt Safe Renderer documentation.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.