PickingSettings QML Type
The PickingSettings class specifies how entity picking is handled. More...
|Import Statement:||import Qt3D.Render 2.5|
- faceOrientationPickingMode : enumeration
- pickMethod : enumeration
- pickResultMode : enumeration
- worldSpaceTolerance : qreal
The picking settings determine how the entity picking is handled. For more details about entity picking, see Qt3D.Render::ObjectPicker or Qt3D.Render::RayCaster component documentation.
When using ObjectPicker components, picking is triggered by mouse events.
When using RayCaster or ScreenRayCaster components, picking can be explicitly triggered by the application.
In both cases, a ray will be cast through the scene to find geometry intersecting the ray.
See also ObjectPicker, RayCaster, and ScreenRayCaster.
faceOrientationPickingMode : enumeration
Specifies how face orientation affects triangle picking
- PickingSettings.FrontFace Only front-facing triangles will be picked (default).
- PickingSettings.BackFace Only back-facing triangles will be picked.
- PickingSettings.FrontAndBackFace Both front- and back-facing triangles will be picked.
pickMethod : enumeration
Holds the current pick method.
- PickingSettings.PrimitivePicking: picks either points, lines or triangles
See also Qt3DRender::QPickingSettings::PickMethod.
pickResultMode : enumeration
Holds the current pick results mode.
worldSpaceTolerance : qreal
Holds the threshold, in model space coordinates, used to evaluate line and point picking.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.