Qt for Android Automotive Overview
Note: This documentation uses the same terms as the Android Automotive Documentation
The Qt for Android Automotive framework allows you to leverage the many features of the Qt framework while still being able to deploy a native application to the Android Automotive OS utilizing several available features. The framework is designed and developed to help create rich user interfaces for IVI (in-vehicle infotainment) systems.
As shown in the image above the UI application is a signed APK that contains:
- A QML based UI.
- A C++ implementation consolidating generated code. This comprises of business logic and activity wrappers used for interacting with the Qt Android runtime.
- Java bindings for the C++ code. These utilize direct calls via JNI to interact with the Car API.
Qt for Android Automotive has support for the following:
- Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Qt Remote Objects (RO)
Qt for Android Automotive depends on the following:
Qt for Android Automotive has the following features:
- UI controls to build fluid GUIs using QML.
- Internationalization support to enable catering to various regions.
- A better developer experience, enabled by the Qt Creator IDE.
See Licenses used in Qt for Android Automotive for more information.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.