Qt Safe Renderer Examples
After you have installed Qt Safe Renderer, you find the Qt Safe Renderer examples under <Qt installation directory>/Examples. Qt Safe Renderer provides the following examples:
|Example||Target platform||Example Path||Description||Build via .pro File|
|Telltales||A host platform, QNX, and INTEGRITY||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/telltales||Telltales demonstrates how you can include Qt Safe Renderer into an application that contains both safety-critical UI elements and non-safety UI elements. Telltales also demonstrates how the safety-critical rendering is done on a separate process. The example uses Qt Cluster's layout files.||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/saferenderer.pro|
|Indicators||A host platform||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/indicators||Indicators demonstrates how you can create a safety-critical UI with Qt Quick Designer and how you can quickly test it on your host platform.||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/indicators/indicators.pro|
|Qt Cluster||QNX and INTEGRITY||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/qtcluster||Qt Cluster demonstrates rendering on QNX and INTEGRITY and recovery from the main UI failure.||<Qt installation directory>/Examples/QtSafeRenderer-<version>/saferenderer/qtcluster/qtcluster.pro|
You can use Indicators for testing how to add new Qt Safe Renderer UI elements in the UI form with Qt Quick Designer.
For more information about Indicators, Telltales, and Qt Cluster, see the following topics:
- Telltales: Rendering Safety-Critical UI
- Indicators: Creating Safety-Critical UI
- Qt Cluster: Rendering on QNX and INTEGRITY
- Running Examples on QNX
- Running Examples on INTEGRITY
- Testing the Messaging Interface
Note: The example code that is part of the Qt Safe Renderer installation does not fully follow the MISRA C++ guidelines.
You find the instructions for building the examples under the platform specific topics that are listed in Building Qt Safe Renderer.
In order to build and run the examples, you must have Qt 5.9 or later, and Qt Creator 4.5.0 or later installed on the host platform. Note the following:
- For Green Hills Software INTEGRITY, Qt Safe Renderer is supported with Qt 5.9.4 and later. This is due to QTBUG-62568 INTEGRITY on Renesas H3 Salvator-X that has been fixed into Qt 5.9.4.
- If you use Qt Safe Renderer with Qt 5.9.3, you need to build Qt from sources. That is due to QTBUG-64820 Qt module builds fail with older GCC versions. For instructions on how to build Qt from sources, see Building Qt Sources.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.