Provides access to core functionality of the Qt Installer Framework. More...
- componentAdded(Component component)
- currentPageChanged(int page)
- finishAllComponentsReset(list<Component> rootComponents)
- finishUpdaterComponentsReset(list<Component> componentsWithUpdates)
- metaJobInfoMessage(string message)
- metaJobProgress(int progress)
- rootComponentsAdded(list<Component> components)
- setAutomatedPageSwitchEnabled(bool request)
- setValidatorForCustomPageRequested(Component component, string name, string callbackName)
- statusChanged(Status status)
- titleMessageChanged(string title)
- updaterComponentsAdded(list<Component> components)
- valueChanged(string key, string value)
- wizardPageInsertionRequested(Widget widget, WizardPage page)
- wizardPageRemovalRequested(Widget widget)
- wizardPageVisibilityChangeRequested(bool visible, int page)
- wizardWidgetInsertionRequested(Widget widget, WizardPage page)
- wizardWidgetRemovalRequested(Widget widget)
- void addUserRepositories(stringlist repositories)
- boolean addWizardPage(Component component, string name, int page)
- boolean addWizardPageItem(Component component, string name, int page)
- void autoAcceptMessageBoxes()
- void autoRejectMessageBoxes()
- boolean calculateComponentsToInstall()
- boolean calculateComponentsToUninstall()
- void cancelMetaInfoJob()
- array components()
- void componentsToInstallNeedsRecalculation()
- boolean containsValue(string key)
- void dropAdminRights()
- string environmentVariable(string name)
- array execute(string program, stringlist arguments, string stdin, string stdinCodec, string stdoutCodec)
- boolean executeDetached(string program, stringlist arguments, string workingDirectory)
- boolean fileExists(string filePath)
- string findLibrary(string name, stringlist paths)
- string findPath(string name, stringlist paths)
- boolean gainAdminRights()
- void interrupt()
- boolean isFileExtensionRegistered(string extension)
- boolean isInstaller()
- boolean isOfflineOnly()
- boolean isPackageManager()
- boolean isProcessRunning(string name)
- boolean isUninstaller()
- boolean isUpdater()
- boolean killProcess(string absoluteFilePath)
- void languageChanged()
- boolean localInstallerBinaryUsed()
- boolean performOperation(string name, stringlist arguments)
- string readFile(string filePath, string codecName)
- boolean removeWizardPage(Component component, string name)
- boolean removeWizardPageItem(Component component, string name)
- float requiredDiskSpace()
- float requiredTemporaryDiskSpace()
- boolean runInstaller()
- boolean runPackageUpdater()
- boolean runUninstaller()
- void setCanceled()
- void setCompleteUninstallation(bool complete)
- boolean setDefaultPageVisible(int page, boolean visible)
- void setDependsOnLocalInstallerBinary()
- void setInstallerBaseBinary(string path)
- void setMessageBoxAutomaticAnswer(string identifier, int button)
- void setPackageManager()
- void setSharedFlag(string key, boolean value)
- void setTemporaryRepositories(stringlist repositories, boolean replace)
- void setUninstaller()
- void setUpdater()
- void setValidatorForCustomPage(Component component, string name, string callbackName)
- void setValue(string key, string value)
- boolean sharedFlag(string key)
- string value(string key, string defaultValue)
- stringlist values(string key, stringlist defaultValue)
- boolean versionMatches(string version, string requirement)
Emitted before the ordered list of components to install is calculated.
Emitted before the ordered list of components to uninstall is calculated.
Triggered when the list of new root components has been updated.
See also startAllComponentsReset.
Triggered when the list of available remote updates has been updated.
Emitted after the ordered list of components to install was calculated.
Emitted after the ordered list of components to uninstall was calculated.
Triggered with informative updates of the communication with a remote repository.
Triggered with progress updates of the communication with a remote repository. Progress ranges from 0 to 100.
Triggered when the automatic switching from PerformInstallation to InstallationFinished page is enabled (request =
true) or disabled (request =
The automatic switching is disabled automatically when for example the user expands or unexpands the Details section of the PerformInstallation page.
setValidatorForCustomPageRequested(Component component, string name, string callbackName)
Triggered when setValidatorForCustomPage is called.
Triggered when the list of components starts to get updated.
See also finishAllComponentsReset.
Triggered when components start to get updated during a remote update.
Emitted when the text of the installer status (on the PerformInstallation page) changes to title.
Triggered when uninstallation has finished.
See also uninstallationStarted.
Triggered when uninstallation has started.
See also uninstallationFinished.
Emitted when a value changes.
See also setValue.
Emitted when a custom widget is about to be inserted into page by addWizardPage.
Emitted when a widget is removed by removeWizardPage.
Emitted when the visibility of the page with id page changes to visible.
See also setDefaultPageVisible.
Emitted when a widget is inserted into page by addWizardPageItem.
Emitted when a widget is removed by removeWizardPageItem.
Registers additional repositories.
See also setTemporaryRepositories.
boolean addWizardPage(Component component, string name, int page)
boolean addWizardPageItem(Component component, string name, int page)
Calculates an ordered list of components to install based on the current run mode. Also auto installed dependencies are resolved. The aboutCalculateComponentsToInstall() signal is emitted before the calculation starts, the finishedCalculateComponentsToInstall() signal once all calculations are done.
Calculates a list of components to uninstall based on the current run mode. Auto installed dependencies are not yet resolved. The aboutCalculateComponentsToUninstall() signal is emitted before the calculation starts, the finishedCalculateComponentsToUninstall() signal once all calculations are done. Always returns
Returns the content of the environment variable name. An empty string is returned if the environment variable is not set.
Starts the program program with the arguments arguments in a new process and waits for it to finish.
stdin is sent as standard input to the application.
stdInCodec is the name of the codec to use for converting the input string into bytes to write to the standard input of the application.
stdOutCodec is the name of the codec to use for converting data written by the application to standard output into a string.
Returns an empty array if the program could not be executed, otherwise the output of command as the first item, and the return code as the second.
Note: On Unix, the output is just the output to stdout, not to stderr.
See also executeDetached.
Starts the program program with the arguments arguments in a new process, and detaches from it. Returns
true on success; otherwise returns
false. If the installer exits, the detached process will continue to live.
Note: Arguments that contain spaces are not passed to the process as separate arguments.
Unix: The started process will run in its own session and act like a daemon.
Windows: Arguments that contain spaces are wrapped in quotes. The started process will run as a regular standalone process.
The process will be started in the directory workingDirectory.
true if the filePath exists; otherwise returns
Note: If the file is a symlink that points to a non existing file,
false is returned.
Finds a library named name in paths. If paths is empty, it gets filled with platform dependent default paths. The resulting path is returned.
This method can be used by scripts to check external dependencies.
See also findPath.
Tries to find a file name name in one of paths. The resulting path is returned.
This method can be used by scripts to check external dependencies.
See also findLibrary.
Tries to gain admin rights. On success, it returns
See also dropAdminRights.
Cancels an ongoing installation.
See also installationInterrupted.
Returns whether a file extension is already registered in the Windows registry. Returns
false on all other platforms.
true if a process with name is running. On Windows, the comparison is case-insensitive.
true if a process with absoluteFilePath could be killed or is not running.
Note: This is implemented in a semi blocking way (to keep the main thread to paint the UI).
false if the installer is run on Windows, and the installer has been started from a remote file system drive. Otherwise returns
See also setDependsOnLocalInstallerBinary.
Instantly performs the operation name with arguments.
Returns the contents of the file filePath using the encoding specified by codecName. The file is read in the text mode, that is, end-of-line terminators are translated to the local encoding.
Note: If the file does not exist or an error occurs while reading the file, an empty string is returned.
boolean removeWizardPage(Component component, string name)
boolean removeWizardPageItem(Component component, string name)
Removes the widget with objectName() name previously added to the installer's wizard by component.
See also addWizardPageItem.
Returns the additional estimated amount of disk space in bytes required after installation.
See also requiredTemporaryDiskSpace.
Returns the estimated required disk space during installation in bytes.
See also requiredDiskSpace.
Sets the uninstallation to be complete. If complete is false, only components deselected by the user will be uninstalled. This option applies only on uninstallation.
Makes sure the installer runs from a local drive. Otherwise the user will get an appropriate error message.
Note: This only works on Windows.
See also localInstallerBinaryUsed.
installerbase binary to use when writing the maintenance tool. Set the path if an update to the binary is available.
If not set, the executable segment of the running installer or uninstaller will be used.
Sets a shared flag with name key to value. This is one option to share information between scripts.
Deprecated since 2.0.0. Use setValue instead.
Sets additional repositories for this instance of the installer or updater. Will be removed after invoking it again.
See also addUserRepositories.
void setValidatorForCustomPage(Component component, string name, string callbackName)
See also setValidatorForCustomPageRequested.
Returns the installer value for key. If key is not known to the system, defaultValue is returned. Additionally, on Windows, key can be a registry key.
See also value.
true when version matches the requirement. requirement can be a fixed version number or it can be prefixed by the comparators '>', '>=', '<', '<=' and '='.
© 2019 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. The Qt Company, Qt and their respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.