- New - Opens a dialog to create a new presentation or project
- Project - Creates a new project. A new directory with default folder structure will be created.
- Presentation - Creates a new presentation to use as i.e. a sub-presentation. Default location is the presentations folder in current project.
- Duplicate Presentation - Saves a copy of the open presentation to the same folder and adds it to the project. The assets are not duplicated as they are available via the same relative paths already.
- Open - Opens a
- Recent Presentations - Provides quick access to the last 10 presentations opened in Studio.
- Revert to Last Save - With confirmation, abandons all in-memory changes to the presentation and re-opens it from disk.
Note: this resets the state of Studio (resetting all components to the first slide, playheads to time 0, etc.). This command is also a convenient way to re-open a presentation that may have changed on disk, for example via hand editing or source control updating.
- Close Project - Closes the current project, resets the user interface, and shows the startup dialog window.
- Save Presentation - Saves changes to the open presentation.
- Save Project As - Saves the open project and all its assets to a new location.
- Import - Opens the assets library folder to import assets to your project.
- Data Inputs - Manage data inputs.
- Copy QML Code for Datainputs/Outputs - Copies data input and data output QML declarations to the clipboard.
- Exit - Quits Studio (prompting to save changes).
- Undo/Redo - As expected.
- Cut/Copy/Paste - As expected.
- Paste to Master Slide - Pastes the copied element to master slide. The target has to be on master slide, i.e. name is green.
- Duplicate - Creates a copy of the currently-selected object in the timeline on the current slide. If the selected object is on the master slide, but you are on a slide other than the master slide, the copy will be non-master. Duplicating a master object on the master slide does not preserve any master-unlinked properties.
- Delete - Deletes the selected element.
- Group Objects - Creates a group and moves selected objects into that group.
- Connect to Device - Opens a dialog to connect to a remote device.
- Studio Preferences - Opens the Studio Preferences dialog.
- Default Interpolation - Controls whether new animation keyframes are created with linear or smooth interpolation. This setting applies only to animations of Ease In/Out type.
- Timeline Snapping Grid - When using snapping in the timeline, controls which ticks to snap to.
- Editing View
- Preferred Startup View - Sets default camera view when starting Studio.
- Helper Grid - Sets number of lines and space between the lines of the helper grid in edit camera views.
- Manipulator Tool Handles - Sets the size of the manipulator tool handles.
- Autosave - Enables auto saving.
- Interval (seconds) - Sets the delay between autosaves in seconds. Minimum interval is 30.
- Clear Autosave Files - Deletes all autosave files from the presentation folder.
- Restore Defaults - Restores all preferences for Studio to their default state. This does not restore palette layouts or positions.
- Reset Layout - Restores palette layouts and positions. Requires a restart.
- Presentation Settings - Opens the Presentation Settings dialog.
- Presentation Id - Changes the id of the currently open presentation.
- Width x Height - Sets the render size for the presentation.
Note: Setting a higher resolution for a sub-presentation than the final display size will result in anti-aliasing for the sub-presentation (albeit at a performance cost).
- Constrain Proportions - When checked, editing a width or height value will also update the other. (This setting has no effect at runtime.)
- Portrait Format - When editing a portrait style presentation (width is smaller than height) designed to be displayed on a rotated hardware device (for example a tablet), check this setting to have the presentation rotated correctly. This setting has no effect when previewing on your computer.
- Use ktx textures if available - Force runtime to check first if there are KTX compressed textures available when loading texture maps. This allows designers to use i.e. PNG or JPG textures while working in the editor, but to automatically use hardware optimized compressed textures on the target device.
Note: This should only be checked when KTX textures are present.
- Project Info
- Author/Company - Informational meta data stored in the
.uipfile. These settings have no effect at runtime.
- Author/Company - Informational meta data stored in the
- Reset layout - Resets the layout of palettes. Requires a restart.
- Fit selected - Fit the selected element to the screen. Works only in edit camera modes.
- Hide/unhide selected - Hides/unhides the selected element.
- Palettes - Toggles the display of palettes.
- Bounding Boxes - Toggles the display of bounding boxes.
Note: Bounding boxes will only be visible on selected objects.
- Pivot Point - Toggles the display of the pivot point.
Note: Pivot point will only be visible on selected objects. selected item.
- Tooltips - Toggles the display of tool tips when hovering over rows in the Inspector palette.
- Rulers & Guides - Toggles the display of rulers and guides in the scene view.
- Lock Guides - Locks all guides in the scene view.
- Clear Guides - Deletes all guides in the scene view.
- Disable Scene Lighting - Disable lighting from scene lights in edit views,
- Set Changed Keyframes - When Autoset Keyframes is turned off, invoking this command will create keyframes at the current time for any properties of the object that:
- Have their animation toggle enabled.
- Have values different from the animated value at the current time.
- Delete Selected Keyframe(s) - Deletes the selected keyframes. This command is also available from the context menu when right-clicking in the animation portion of the timeline palette. Additionally you can press the
Deletekey after selecting the keyframes to delete them.
- Set Interpolation - Changes the in and out interpolation setting for the selected keyframes. This command is also available from the context menu when right-clicking in the animation portion of the timeline palette.
- Change Time Bar Color - Sets the display color of the time bar in the animation portion of the timeline palette. This does not affect the rendering of the presentation, it is only there to help you organize and keep track of your work.
- Toggle Autoset Keyframes - Toggles the autoset keyframes functionality. When enabled, any change to a property whose animation toggle is enabled will result in a keyframe being created or updated at the current time.
- Reference Manual - Opens the Qt 3D Studio user manual.
- Visit Qt 3D Studio Page - Opens the Qt 3D Studio web site in your default web browser.
- About Qt 3D Studio - Opens the about dialog.
- Open Tutorial - Opens the getting started tutorial.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.