Installing Qt Quick Effect Maker
You can run Qt Quick Effect Maker as a standalone tool but it is also included in Qt Design Studio.
Install Qt Quick Effect Maker with the Unified Qt Installer.
- Sign in to Qt Account Downloads.
- Download Unified Qt Installer.
- Open the Installer.
- Continue to Installation Folder and select Custom installation.
- Select Next.
- Go to Qt > Qt 6.5 (or newer version) > Additional Libraries and select Qt Quick Effect Maker.
- Complete the installation and close the Unified Qt Installer.
To open Qt Quick Effect Maker, run
qqem.exe located in the
bin folder of your Qt installation, for example, C:\Qt\6.6.1\msvc2019_64\bin.
To open a Qt Quick Effect Maker file in Qt Quick Effect Maker from Qt Design Studio, double-click the file in the Assets view.
Create Qt Quick Effect Maker effect (.qep) files in Qt Design Studio and then edit them in Qt Quick Effect Maker.
To create an effect file:
- In Qt Design Studio, right-click in the Assets view and select New Effect. Qt Design Studio creates an effect file and opens it in Qt Quick Effect Maker.
- In Qt Quick Effect Maker:
- Edit the effect.
- Select File > Save.
- Select File > Export.
- With the default settings, select OK.
Now, close Qt Quick Effect Maker and go back to Qt Design Studio.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.