Squish Test Center 2.0.0 is the second major release, which delivers manual testing as a new major feature. This release also contains several usability enhancements and bug fixes for all users of the platform. See the following sections for lists of all changes.
- Manual Testing
Squish Test Center now supports manual testing. Next to the Explore and History views, you will now find the Manual Testing view. Not every test can be automated, so you can now create, edit, manage, and execute your manual tests within Squish Test Center. Once the manual tests have been executed, you can view the results right next to your automated test results and also make use of all Squish Test Center result analysis features for your manual tests as well.
- Video playback
Videos recorded with the video capture feature introduced in Squish 7.0 can now also be played back in Squish Test Center. You will be able to jump right from the verifications in the Verifications view to the corresponding location in the video. Furthermore, we introduced an event timeline that will help you navigate the video and help you to understand which section of the test execution is currently shown in the video playback. You will also be able to overlay the video with the most recent result event in relation to the current video playback position.
- Authentication proxy support
We added support to integrate Squish Test Center with authentication proxies like OAuth2 Proxy. This will allow you to authenticate users in Squish Test Center via an external authentication provider, that provides authentication via OAuth 2.0 or OpenID Connect like Okta.
Explore and History view enhancements
- The History view Timeline now shows placeholder items for batches that only partially fit into the selected time frame and would have remained invisible under certain circumstances in previous versions.
- A new option to add labels to all reports of a batch was added to the Explore view batch actions.
- A summarized zip of all reports in a batch can now be downloaded directly from the Explore view.
- Renaming batches and adding labels is now also possible for users that have the Upload role.
- The number of label values displayed in the Explore view Filter section was limited to 7 and is now unlimited.
- Fixed an issue with CSV and JUnit result exports when multiple results are uploaded to the same report.
- Fixed an issue with the test filter option With failures in the Explore view, that was not always shown when visiting test report pages directly.
Result upload improvements
- The JUnit result import was improved to retain more result details.
errorelements are now combined to be the event message (using a colon (:) as the separator).
- Multiple consecutive
CDATAelements are now supported and combined into a single message separated by new lines.
system-errnodes are now converted to warning events.
- Fixed a database lockup issue when using Squish's
reportgencommand line option to upload results.
- Added wildcard expansion support to
testcentercmdon Windows. When uploading results via
testcentercmd, multiple result files can be specfied to be uploaded at once. In previous versions, this could only be simplified on Unix where the shell wildcard expansion could be used to upload multiple reports from one directory, this is now also possible on Windows.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes specifying a result folder to upload in
testcentercmdwould upload the parent folder instead.
3rd-party tool integration
- The Zephyr integration now also supports cloud instances.
- The JIRA issue creation was improved. Instead of an auto-generated title and description, you can now freely edit all fields similar to how you would do it within JIRA itself. The issue creation now also supports a wider range of required fields. Furthermore, required custom fields no longer need to be specified in Squish Test Center global settings.
- Several Features have been added to the Polarion ALM integration:
- The Test Type that is pulled from Polarion can now be configured from within the global settings.
- The Test Run Template that is used when pushing test result to Polarion can now be configured in Global Settings.
- When results are pushed, additional filters can be applied to only push passed tests, failed tests, or tests where the name contains a specific string of characters.
- The option Show integration as dropdown was added to the Server view. In case multiple integrations are activated, this option can be used to either make the active integrations accessible via a dropdown or via individual buttons from within the page header.
- Examples for the integration
pullcommands supported by
testcentercmdwere added to the command line help and the documentation.
- A new command line option
integration listwas added to
testcentercmdto list all available integrations.
- The request timeout for the Azure Dev Ops integration can now be adjusted via the
IntegrationRequestTimeoutsetting within the
- The size of screenshot VP dialogs was increased to improve viewing higher resolution screenshots.
- It is now possible to host Squish Test Center instances at an URL path relative to the root URL by specifying the
UrlRootPathsetting in the
- A new type of label was added to exclude certain reports from the database maintenance. If you add the label
.scheduling.maintenance=keepto a report, then the report will not be deleted if you have also configured an automatic deletion and the report would otherwise fall into the deletion time frame.
- Whitespace at the beginning and end of text nodes is now preserved when importing XML test result formats.
- Fixed VP dialogs on the batch comparison page.
- The test scheduler can now schedule multiple tests at once.
- Fixed an issue in the scheduler that prevented scheduled Squish test executions from starting.
- It's now possible to make adjustments to the User Management view when your Squish Test Center instance is in restricted mode (i.e. the license is suspended). This fixes issues when the number of licensed users changes on license extensions and accounts need to be deactivated.
- Fixed crash in SSDP announcement code.
- Disabled use of proxies in SSDP announcement to prevent potential startup delays.
© 2022 The Qt Company Ltd.
Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of
their respective owners.
The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.