Squish 5.1.1 is a maintenance release containing various bug fixes and small improvements as described below:
- A performance bottleneck in squishrunner driving remote tests from a Windows machine got resolved.
- A problem was fixed which caused recording & replaying tests to fail after running the setup program twice.
- A bug which caused squishrunner to get stuck when the AUT gets terminated unexpectedly was fixed.
- A few issues were resolved which caused some of the views in the Squish IDE to get resized to inappropiate sizes.
- When starting a second Squish IDE instance, avoid waiting up to 20 seconds to wait for the existing instance to be terminated (if requested). Instead, the existing instance is terminated immediately.
- The Collect Support Information facility no longer shows an error message in case any of the files to be collected can't be read.
- Fixed a bug which caused the IDE to ask for a license key even though a valid license key was installed and registered using the
- When selecting the browser to use for automating Web tests, it is now possible to select batch (
bat) files on Windows.
- An issue was fixed which caused an error message to be displayed when trying to edit the object map of a closed test suite.
- The Retry button of the Object Not Found dialog now works correctly even if no new object was selected, i.e., it was pressed to check whether the requested object became available.
- The contrast in the Object Not Found dialog was increased to improve readability.
- Error messages generated while comparing actual screenshots with expected screenshots are no longer silently dropped.
- Recorded Perl scripts no longer use
falseto denote boolean values because they are not standard Perl identifiers. Instead,
- A problem with the
installEventHandlerfunction was fixed in Ruby test scripts which caused the argument to the callback function for events like
DialogOpenedto become invalid.
- Script errors raised when executing Python test scripts which were included via the source(filename) function now have the correct source file and line number associated with them.
- Boolean test.vp(name) now accepts an optional argument which can be used to pass a message describing the verification. This message will be appended to the verification result message.
- Pre-built packages for Qt 5.3 available for download.
- Replaying tests now emits proper time stamps for
QInputEventobjects such that applications which e.g. do manual single- vs. double-click detection behave as expected.
- The pressure of single-touch interactions is now replayed correctly.
- The replay of pinch/zoom gestures was improved such that e.g. the zoom factor is the same as it was when the test was recorded.
- It is now possible to call the
gesturefunction with an object name - in the past, it was only possible to call it with an object as returned by e.g. Object waitForObject(objectOrName).
- Fixed a bug which caused some older screenshot verification points to fail with Squish 5.1.0.
- A problem was fixed which caused ignoring processes by adding them to the
blacklistedauts.txtto fail in case they link against the QtCore library.
- Squish now correctly clicks on
QTreeViewitems whose text ends in dots (e.g. More...) or which have an empty text.
- It's now possible to automate
QWindowcontrols embedded in
- Optimized generating object names for
QDeclarativeItemobjects as well as for deeply nested hierarchies of
QGraphicsObjectobjects. This makes recording tests on such objects work more smoothly.
- It's now possible to use the return value of Qt methods which yield a pointer to a class derived from
- Fixed taking screenshots for Qt applications which do not use
- The geometry of JavaFX components embedded into SWT controls is now computed correctly.
- It's now possible to pick HTMLobjects embedded in JavaFX controls.
- A problem was fixed which cased replaying text input of certain non-english characters to fail with Swing applications.
- A bug was fixed which caused object lookups to raise an error in case the object name included the
basetypeproperty and the NatTable extension was being used.
- Fixed executing the
typeTextfunction with Google Chrome.
- Performing object lookups with object names which have line breaks in their properties now works correctly.
- Squish now calculates coordinates of web elements contained within frames correctly when using Google Chrome.
- User actions on SWT controls embedded in web pages are now recorded correctly.
- An issue was fixed which broke replaying or recording tests with Microsoft Internet Explorer in case a
file://URL was used.
- Detecting the Firefox version is now more robust.
- Recording and replaying user actions in secondary Firefox/Chrome windows now works correctly even if those windows show content from the same domain as the initial window.
- An issue was resolved which caused the
selectOptionto not work correctly on SmartGWT select boxes implemented through plain HTML
- Entering text into SmartGWT select boxes is now recorded correctly.
- The main window is no longer activated automatically when replaying mouse clicks on WPF menu items.
- A problem which caused Squish to not replay tests on MFC applications correctly with Squish 5.1.0 was fixed.
- Resolved an issue which caused replaying text input via the
type()function to fail when automating Windows Forms, Infragistics or Telerik controls.
- Squish now features dedicated support for Windows Forms
DataGridcontrols (in addition to the existing support for
- Fixed a problem which caused object names with invalid occurrence values to match toplevel objects like
- Support more device-family identifiers (for the different iPhone sizes and retina versions) with Xcode 5.0 and later.
- Improved gesture recording for iOS (better detection of gestures and support for one-finger gestures).
- Gestures replaying now also implemented for Gingerbread, was IceCreamSandwich or higher only.
- Fix an UnknownHostException during hookup on some devices.
- The JUnit output format now includes information on the time needed to execute a test or perform a verification.
- The xml2jira utility now supports connecting to JIRA servers via proxy servers.
- An issue which caused the configure program to not detect the .NET version correctly in some cases was resolved.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd.
Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of
their respective owners.
The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.