Version 6.0 Beta
Squish 6.0 delivers new features applicable to all editions of the product.
Support for Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- A new BDD test case type was added. It can co-exist with previously created test cases and make use of existing script functions. See the product feature page for an overview including a demo video. Tutorials are available for each edition.
- Gherkin step skeleton generation and completion.
- Test step recording in any of Squish's supported scripting languages.
- Switch between BDD feature and script implementation files.
- Modernized and dynamic HTML reports that can be created through a single command line call:
squishrunner --testsuite C:\TestSuits\MyTestSuite --reportgen html,C:\Report\. Repeated runs will append merge the results of multiple suites into a single report.
- Added new
jsonresult formats for post-processing in other tools.
- Added test.startSection(title) and test.endSection() functions that allow for grouping test results into logical sections.
Script Language Updates
The default versions of the five available scripting languages as used by the binary packages got upgraded:
- Perl: version 5.22.0
- Python: version 2.7.10. Experimental versions of a Python 3 port are available on demand.
- Ruby: version 2.2.2
- Tcl: version 8.6.4
In case anyone relied on the old versions custom builds can be created on demand.
GUI Coverage (Experimental)
In addition an experimental new capability for tracking the coverage of UI tests was added. See Tutorial: Coverage of GUI elements for an overview and usage instructions.
It's currently available for the Qt edition only. If you would like to see it work with native Java, Windows, Web, iOS or Android applications as well please contact us!
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd.
Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of
their respective owners.
The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.