Squish 6.5.1 is a maintenance release containing bug fixes for all editions of the product. See the following sections for a detailed list of all changes.
- Fixed an issue causing
dragAndDropnstatements not being recorded correctly when using a Script-based Object Map.
- An issue in the script recording functionality was fixed which caused no synchronization statements like Object waitForObject(objectOrName) to be recorded for some asynchronously executing script calls like
- The Object waitForObject(objectOrName) function in Python now accepts Unicode string literals (
- Fixed a problem causing replay of BDD test cases to fail with Python 3 in case the step patterns involved non-Latin characters.
- Fixed an issue in the ApplicationContext attachToApplication(autName) causing it to fail attaching to applications which have many files opened concurrently.
- Fixed a problem in the Squish IDE causing no splash screen to be shown on Windows systems.
- Fixed a problem causing the columns in the Table verification point editor be 0 pixels wide, making them invisible.
- Added a search field to the Objects view that allows to filter the objects view based on the name of objects, similar to the filter in the Properties view.
- The language-specific means for importing external modules (e.g.
importin Python) now also respect directories specified via the
SQUISH_SCRIPT_DIRenvironment variable when looking up external files.
- Fixed various cases in which the Python function
dir()would not work as expected (e.g., when applied to global Squish objects such as AUT types, the
testSettingsmodule or the
- Fixed crash in Python standalone
squishtestmodule when calling test functions without a prior call to
- Fixed replaying Ctrl++ and Command++ key combinations using the nativeType(keys) function.
- Added support for testing Qt 5.13 applications.
- Fixed an issue causing script recording to abort unexpectedly when recording interactions with menus created using QtQuick controls 1.4.
- Fixed an issue due to which signal handler functions would get called even after invoking the uninstallSignalHandler(objectOrName, signalSignature, handlerFunctionName) function.
- Fixed a problem that could lead to library loading errors for application or system libraries when an AUT is being instrumented by Squish.
- Added support for calling methods of
QObjectobjects when the method signature involves
- Added support for calling methods and accessing properties of
QObjectobjects that use
- Fixed Qt tree model lookups for item texts with escaped dot or underscore characters.
- Fixed an issue causing Squish for Qt not to launch Qt applications on Windows.
- Added support for SWT
- Added support for the latest SWT/GTK3 releases.
- The installEventHandler(eventName, handlerFunctionNameOrReference) function can now be used to handle
MessageBoxOpenedevents emitted when
JDialog>objects are opened by the application.
- Fixed a problem with Webdriver-based browsers (Edge, Chromium, Safari 12) causing HTML_XPathResult HTML_Object.evaluateXPath(statement) to fail when the XPath expression contains two or more non-ASCII characters. Similar issues can arise when using more than two non-ASCII characters in other situations, like setting properties or using the Object evalJS(browserTab, code) command.
- Fixed a problem with hooking Firefox 68 on Windows. The problem caused the hookup to seem to work, but no browser tab objects were accessible leading to replay and recording errors and the Spy showing no HTML objects.
- Fixed a problem that would leave Firefox 68 (and newer) running after the test execution ends.
- Fixed test automation using Microsoft Edge Version 18.
- Fixed a problem with attaching to a running Chrome browser instance multiple times in the same script.
- Fixed an issue causing File Save (or File Open) dialogs not being displayed when executing tests.
- Fixed the chooseFile(path) function to work as expected for File Save dialogs in Windows Vista and later.
- Added initial support for Telerik GridView for Windows Forms.
- Improved object names generated for
- Fixed an error raised when replaying test scripts which use the mouseClick(objectOrName) function to click on a
ScreenRectangleobject while specifying keyboard modifiers.
macOS-specific (Cocoa/Carbon edition)
- Fixed automating web content in
WKWebViewobjects that are created declaratively in the builder interface.
- Fixed a crash when starting Tk applications using startaut.
- Fixed building Squish against a static Qt library on Unix/Linux.
- Added support for building against static debug builds of Qt using Visual Studio.
- Improved configure program by making the code for querying qmake variables more robust.
For a list of noteworthy issues which were found after the release of Squish 6.5.1, please see the Known Issues page on the froglogic Knowledge Base.