Squish 6.4.1 is a maintenance release containing mostly bug fixes for the Squish IDE as well as for features related to Script-Based Object Maps. See the following sections for a detailed list of all changes.
- Improved support for accessing Microsoft Excel 2007 (
xlsx) files via the Test Data Functions script API.
- Improved refactoring, conversion and object map editor performance for large script-based object maps.
- Fixed an issue causing an error message to be shown when processing verification point files while converting text-based object maps to script-based object maps.
- Resolved an issue causing the Squish IDE to freeze when when converting text-based object maps to script-based object maps.
- Added back the possibility to specify the path to a text-based object map in the test suite settings.
- Added option to conversion utility to keep text based object map in order to make it easier to use text and script based object maps side by side.
- Convert to Real Name and Open Symbolic Name now work on unsaved documents for script based references.
- Fixed an issue when refactoring Perl test scripts causing object names to be inserted at incorrect positions.
- Property values starting with "0" are now rendered as strings in script-based object maps (previously rendered as numbers which caused issues).
- Fixed a crash when calling a Qt signal handler function installed via installSignalHandler(objectOrName, signalSignature, handlerFunctionName), for example in case the signal handler doesn't accept the correct number of arguments.
- Fixed incorrect script locations in Perl when calling a
subinside a Squish test function call.
- Fixed search order when importing a script module into the test script. Global script directories are no longer preferred over local test suite resources.
- Add a separate tree item to access failed screenshots and object dumps in the Results View.
- Provide the testcase/testsuite summary and test step descriptions in a tooltip from the Results View.
- Masked regions in screenshot verifications are being drawn with a semi-transparent black overlay instead of non-transparent black, making the result look less like a rendering-issue occurred.
- Allow to configure filename filters for the Steps view.
- Allow to restore the default set of filename filters in all views showing files.
- Fixed a problem with incomplete application of changed foreground/background colors for the results view.
- Fixed a problem causing deletion of files that where dragged inside the global scripts view and dropped onto their immediate parent folder.
- Fix a hang when accessing the Edit menu when squishserver is not reachable
- Drop submenu items from Server Settings menu in favor of a single menu entry opening the dialog directly.
- Make the template used for newly created BDD tests configurable by editing the
- Fixed an error occurring when changing logging preferences in the Squish/Logging page and applying the changes.
- Fix a problem with initializing the Squish IDE's setting for the crash dump dialog when the Squish IDE is started in an environment that disables the crash dump dialog.
- Fixed Object Not Found dialog for unknown symbolic names.
- Always show the toolkit page when creating a new testsuite to avoid confusion of new users since the documentation shows screenshots with that page.
- Fix screenshots for latest Android versions.
- Fix exception on app shutdown that may cause a follow-up ApplicationContext startApplication(autName) failure.
- Fix support for app package names with Unicode characters.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when executing the typeText(objectOrName, text) function.
- Fix missing constructors for certain Qt types on Qt 5.11.
- Fix screenshot VPs showing parts of the desktop if the verified widget is larger than the application window.
- Activate surrounding toplevel window when executing the type(objectOrName, text) function.
- Request input focus before replaying a type(objectOrName, text) command on JavaFx controls.
- Add support for building against Python 3.7.