Squish 6.4.2 is a maintenance release containing bug fixes for all editions of the product. See the following sections for a detailed list of all changes.
- Fixed an issue due to which calling ApplicationContext attachToApplication(autName) would sometimes fail on Windows systems.
- Stability improvements for squishserver.
- Scripts using the
squishtestPython module can now use the XML3 report format.
- Python scripts using the
squishtestmodule will no longer print warning messages to the console when calling the Object waitForObject(objectOrName) function.
- Fixed an issue in the
squishtestPython module which caused screenshots taken in response to test failures not to get saved to disk.
source()function - when invoked inside an imported script module - will evaluate code within that module's scope. As a result, functions and variables will no longer leak to the global scope. We advise to port all source(filename) calls to
- The nativeType(keys) function now permits typing just modifier keys when executing tests on macOS, as in
- Fixed Squish IDE crash when using circular imports in Python.
- Support added for Android-9.0.
- The Object Snapshot functionality now works as expected when dealing with applications embedding WebView controls.
- Fixed a problem shutting down Chrome and Firefox processes leading to error messages shown in the server log about
QProcess deleted while process is still running.
- Fixed a problem causing the webhook process to terminate unexpectedly when typing text into an input field.
- Fixed a problem accessing the text of items in some SmartGWT trees
- Fixed geometry and readiness calculation for items that have a non-zero height and width but return an empty bounding rectangle, most notably
TextInputitems without any text set.
- Fixed type(objectOrName, text) not throwing an error on invalid special key sequences such as
- The type(objectOrName, text) now accepts the modifier
Ctrlas documented; the old term
Controlis still accepted for backwards compatibility.
- Fixed an issue causing the AUT to abort unexpectedly when enabling
qWarning()messages to be fatal errors.
QPixmapAPI in testscripts for Qt 5.11 and later.
- Fixed an issue causing interactions with partially off-screen
QGraphicsItemobjects not to fail.
- Squish now shows the Qt version and configuration when hooking.
- Resolved an issue causing the chooseDirectory(objectOrName, path) and chooseFile(objectOrName, filename) functions to get stuck when interacting with JavaFx controls embedded into SWT.
- Fixed Squish accessing JavaFx-web module for Java 9 and later.
- Fixed object snapshot when having a WebView in JavaFx or Browser in SWT
macOS-specific (Cocoa/Carbon edition)
- Added support for custom views in the title bar of a window.
- Fixed tests ending prematurely in some cases when interacting with plain Win32 (e.g. MFC) toolbar items.
- Improved reliability of recording user interactions, especially interactions done right after starting the application.
- Fixed a problem causing Squish not to recognize any HTML elements in IE controls embedded into native Windows applications.
build installwill now also install
.pdbfiles when doing debug builds on Windows.
- Added support for building with Qt 5.12 (except for Qt on Android).