Set high DPI scaling
The operating systems that Qt Design Studio supports implement high dots-per-inch (DPI) scaling at varying levels. Therefore, Qt Design Studio handles high DPI scaling differently on different operating systems:
- On macOS, Qt Design Studio forces high DPI scaling, which means that it allows Qt to use the system scaling factor as the Qt Design Studio scaling factor.
- On Windows, if you do not set scaling environment variables, Qt Design Studio instructs Qt to detect the scaling factor and use it as the Qt Design Studio scaling factor.
- On Linux, Qt Design Studio leaves it to the user to enable high DPI scaling because the process varies so much on different distributions and windowing systems that it cannot be reliably done automatically.
To override the default approach and always enable high DPI scaling:
- Select Edit > Preferences > Environment > Interface.
- Select Enable high DPI scaling.
- Restart Qt Design Studio to have the change take effect.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.